Leadership & Management Grant - We know you are probably already aware of this grant - but please read on…
The Government are prepared to invest £1000 in helping you improve your leadership and management skills …. details are below - at the bottom of this blog.
Over the next few weeks we are going to be sending out some great tips on how you can improve your Leadership - and the performance of your team - so at the end of this series of practical help - you will be better placed as a Leader to grow your business. We hope you find the practical help and tips over the next few weeks of great use… please let us know!
The 7 key areas we will be covering are:
1. Strong Leadership. You must demonstrate a conviction and determination to be a strong leader. I didn’t say nasty or mean - I said strong. There is a difference and we will cover that next week.
2. Common Goal. It is critical for everyone on the team to understand the goal - the big goal. Having a clear and compelling goal is essential.
3. Rules of the Game. Everyone wants and needs to know how the game is to be played and where the boundaries have been set. No more surprises.
4. Action Plan. Everyone in the business must have their own personal plan of action - what they are going to accomplish to move the business forward. If you are going to expect everyone to have a plan, then how important is it that there is a plan for the business?
5. Supporting Risk Taking and Initiative. Everyone makes mistakes and as the business owner, you must acknowledge the good effort and help the team learn from every good effort that goes badly.
6. 100% Involvement. That’s right - everyone must be involved! We’re not asking team members to simply come in and do their manual tasks. We need everyone to have their head in the game if we’re going to win.
7. Know and Appreciate your People. No matter how well you do keys 1 through 6, if you don’t get to know your colleagues and show them that you care about them, you will not win their heart. We are after their hearts - not just their brains or their muscles.
Next week we’ll be focussing on Strong Leadership so look out for our next blog
THE DETAILS OF THE LMAS FUNDING
As we are a trusted partner of Skills SE, who are running the funding, they have asked us to promote how you could potentially access to up to £1,000 to help with your leadership development to grow your business. If you would like to find out more then either download the information PDF on the right or give us a call to discuss your requirements 01453 821940.
The Government is focused on supporting businesses with the potential for High Growth and this new service is directed very much at growth companies with the ability to drive through revenue growth of 20% per year for the next three years.
WHO CAN APPLY ?
Businesses with 2 or more employees with the ability to demonstrate strong growth.
So if you are looking to achieve a strategic advantage in your market or looking to develop your sales and marketing skills take Action today.
HOW MUCH FUNDING IS AVAILABLE?
One grant is available per organisation of up to a maximum of £1,000. This is based on a matched funding criteria so for an investment of £1,000 from your business, you will receive £1,000 of funding from the Skills Funding Agency
- Between 2 and 249 employees
- Based in the SW and can demonstrate that you have high growth prospects
- The great news is that the funding is available to all business who have previously accessed grants, as the three year rule has now been dropped.
HOW CAN I USE THE GRANT?
Funded Learning and Development must address one of the following areas:
- Developing a highly effective personal leadership and management style (including strategic thinking; and effective communication).
- Creating a joint enterprise culture with the workforce (including developing an innovative, creative and productive culture for the organisation; developing productive working relationships; reducing and managing workplace conflict).
- Planning and developing an effective organisation and teams (including recruitment, selections and departure; building and managing effective, creative and innovative teams; conveying vision and objective setting).
- Leading and managing employee high performance (including employee motivation and commitment; delivering value; learning and development).
- Mentoring and Coaching of leadership team
To find out more about how the new Leadership and Management programme can support your personal development and improve the productivity and competitiveness of your organisation or if you are interested in accessing the grant, then email:
We will then contact you to arrange a convenient time to discuss your eligibility BUT do not delay, it is clear that this will be a very popular grant and given it is available across the region and is open to all business regardless of when they last received a grant - will be extremely popular.